In the frame of the Open Access Week, the EPFL library (Lausanne) organises the event «Open Access: authors, publishers, investors and institutions for the dissemination of the scientific research’s results». It will take place at the Forum Rolex Learning Center, campus EPFL on Thursday October 24, 2013. The entrance is free; registration is open until Monday October 23, 2013.
The following questions will be discussed:
Who are the Open Access’ actors ?
Which are the economic models and their stakes ?
Why publish in Open Access ?
How do institutions pay for publication in open access ?
Those questions will be addressed from various points of view (publishers, academic institutions, investors and authors) through conferences.
– Pr Benoît Deveaud-Plédran, Dean of Research, EPFL
– Catriona McCallum, Advocacy Project Manager, PLOS
– Dr Meloney Bartlett, Executive Director, Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
– Pierre Devaud (MSc) et Dr Alain Borel, Scientific Librarians, Bibliothèque de l’EPFL / Infoscience (EPFL)
– Dr Xenia van Edig, Business Development, Copernicus
– Dr Dagmar Meyer, Policy Adviser, European Research Council (ERC), (to be confirmed)
– Dr Daniel Höchli, Director of the Administrative Offices, Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
– Dr Kamila Markram, Co-founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Frontiers
– Pr Hilal Lashuel, Associate Professor, EPFL